Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Obama Terroist Love You




These remarks were made by Representative Steve King last week. He suggested that if Obama celebrate a White House victory that the terrorist would be celebrating too.

Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King last week suggesting that an Obama White House victory would be celebrated by terrorists.

King was quoted as saying,
"(Obama will) certainly be viewed as a savior for them," "That's why you will see them supporting him, encouraging him."


Obama responded with his own comments:

“I think that Mr. King has it backwards. The fact that the continuation of a presence in Iraq as Sen. McCain has suggested is exactly what, I think, will fan the flames of anti-American sentiment and make it more difficult for us to create a long-term and sustainable peace in the world,” Obama said today at a campaign stop at The Little Dooey, a barbeque restaurant in Columbus, Miss.

“But I have to say that Mr. King and individuals like him thrive on offensive or controversial statements as a way to get in the papers, so I don’t take it too seriously. I would hope Sen. McCain would want to distance himself from that kind of inflammatory and offensive remarks.”

That was a ignorant comment by King. I wonder is he calling all the people who voted for him "terrorist." Because if he is referring to the terrorist we are seeking overseas, as far as I know they can't vote anyway. I think many people open their mouth, say asinine things then watch in when their political time comes that folks remember what you said.

No comments: