Thursday, June 12, 2008

Floyd Mayweather Jr. retires

I guess that is the way to go, at the top of your game. I use to love boxing (back in the day). Unbeaten welterweight Floyd Mayweather Jr. announced his retirement again Friday, with boxing's unofficial pound-for-pound king saying he no longer has the passion necessary to fight.






Mayweather also said he was done fighting after each of his last two bouts, but his letter somberly described the reasons for his decision to "permanently retire from boxing."

"I loved competing and winning and also wanted to continue my career for the fans, knowing they were there for me and enjoyed watching me fight," Mayweather said. "However, after many sleepless nights and intense soul-searching, I realized I could no longer base my decision on anything but my own personal happiness, which I no longer could find.

more...

No comments: