Saturday, November 29, 2008

Old School Friday-Stevie Wonder

I know, Old School Friday on Saturday..lol (HEY, I was working on Thursday and Friday). I decided NOT to miss OSF, so even if I am a day early or a day late I really enjoy this meme, so I will contribute. I have to say I am a "Stevie Wonder" fanatic.

Few people know that Bob Marley and Stevie Wonder performed together in Kingston Jamaica in 1975. I was proud to say I was at that concert. It was indeed a challenging time for Jamaica (much political unrest). Stevie was there to help Bob promote the Peace Concert. During the concert Bob takes the first verses of the song, "in my hometown" before passing lead vocal responsibilities off to Stevie, who improvises in his signature R&B scat, and the crowd just went wild. Stevie Wonder always had this love for Reggae Music. He loved that beat and the way the crowd reacted. As many people have already stated Master Blaster was a dedication to Bob Marley.

So enjoy some of Stevie's diversified sounds below. Stevie Wonder and the sounds of Reggae













Please check out the other participants.

Electronic Village - Fresh And Fab - Danielle - Kim

- Ms Grapevine -Quick -Marcus LANGFORD

- Cassandra - Kevin -Mahogany -Hagar's Daughter - Lisa C

-Chocl8t - DP - Dallassouth - John - CC Groovy - Kreative Talk

-Marvalus One - Regina - Clnmike - Vivrant Thing

-AJ - Sharon - - Invisible Woman

-Beleiver 1964 - Cooper - SJP -Bria - BklynQueen 86 - Hey Shae -

- From the Battlefield - Thembi - D Spot - Malcolm -





No comments: