Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Customers Injured Are Suing Walmart

Two customers are suing Wal-Mart for negligence after being injured in a mad rush for post-Thanksgiving bargains that left one store employee dead, the men's attorney said Tuesday. As many of us know Jdimytai Damour, 34, was crushed to death as he and other employees attempted to unlock the doors of a store on Long Island at 5 a.m. Friday.

In a claim against the Nassau County police department, the men( Fritz Mesadieu and Jonathan Mesadieu) also contend that they "sustained monetary losses as a result of health care and legal expenses ... in the sum of $2 million. I knew it. I was waiting for the ambulance chasers to come.

If anyone should receive money, (in my opinon) it is the family of the deceased. An autopsy showed that Damour died of asphyxiation after being trampled, Nassau County officials have said.
Video showed that as many as a dozen people were knocked to the floor in the stampede of people trying to get into the store. The employee was "stepped on by hundreds of people" as other workers attempted to fight their way through the crowd, said Nassau County Police Detective Lt. Michael Fleming.

So what if ALL those people start developing problems as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was bound to happen sooner or later and I hope they throw this thing out of court. How is any store going to control a crowd? Who would have expected those people to break down the doors?

Bunch of stupid ass people!
:-(

Unknown said...

I am not sure I agree with Walmart being sued, they did not make the people act like animals and I don't know how liable the store is in this instance. But I know the families believe that someone is responsible for this. It is a sad situation across the board.
On black Friday mornings I am lying in my bed, farting out thanksgiving dinner!!

Hey Shae! said...

I hate to say it, but I wonder how many of the people suing were pushing & shoving, helping break down the door and stepping over the man who died.

PS- Regina, that's not a good look about the passing gas. LOL