Tuesday, January 13, 2009

School Bus Driver has Child Hide Liquor

This is really a sad story. I often think about why folks that are entrusted with the care of our kids decide to do stupid things (Like what is being reported in this story). USA today reported that a school bus driver made an unscheduled stop at a liquor store, then allegedly asked a student to help hide her purchases when police stopped her.
http://www.digitalbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bus-driver.jpg


No charges were filed, but the bus driver quit her job last week. The USA paper reports that they were middle school children.

My children are adults now, however I always worried about them when they were taking the bus to school. We lived in the suburbs so my neighbors use to say that, "they are really safe, look where we live." I also pointed out to my neighbors that the highest abduction rate and missing kids are reported yearly from Northern California.


Parents need to check out the people who not only are entrusted to teach our children, but also who they employ as well. I know it is not an easy task, but people take the time to check out folks when they need a babysitter or for extensive childcare. What is the difference?

Source: USA TODAY

No comments: