Friday, February 06, 2009

Keep Charlie Wilson In Your Prayers

http://www.topnews.in/files/images/Charlie-Wilson2.jpg


R&B singer Charlie Wilson has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. He has chosen to now make it public. Wilson, who is set to release his long anticipated album "Uncle Charlie" February 17th, was diagnosed in September.

"When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in September, I thought to myself ‘I’m too young… this isn’t a cancer I should be getting."

Taking his diagnosis as an opportunity to inform others, Wilson has partnered with the Prostate Cancer Foundation. African American men are 1.6 times more likely than others to be diagnosed with prostate cancer.

I just wanted to take this time to write that people need to take Prostrate Cancer Seriously. Too many African American men let their pride or ego get in the way of getting tested.

Below is the website for Prostrate Information. Don't let yourself become a victim of this disease.

Prostrate Cancer

No comments: