Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Honoring Idris Elba



I am just crazy over this man. He is not only a very handsome man, but an extremely talented actor.


Idris Elba Facts:
  • Mother is from Ghana and father is from Sierra Leone.
  • Attended the National Youth Music Theater in London, England.
  • Moved from London to New York because he felt acting roles for black men in the UK were limited.
  • Said that he was often approached by drug dealers who related to his breakout performance as "Stringer" on HBO's The Wire.
  • Forced to deal with his insect phobia on the set of The Reaping (2007).
  • Deejays under the name "Big Driis."

Idris Alba Pictures, Images and Photos


He was one of the reasons I became such a fan of "The Wire." His character "Stinger" as so realistic. He just seems to give his all to any role he commits to.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aaaaahhhhh, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Idris Elba1 Thanks for making my day (even though him at my door would have been better, but I'll take what I can get! LOL!)

SjP said...

Lawd! Lawd! Lawd! This man is just too fine! You say he can act,too! LOL