Monday, July 27, 2009

Now What Can They Say?


According to CNN, the woman who reported the suspected break-in at Gates complex, never mentioned color. When she called,, Lucia Whalen reports seeing "two larger men, one looked kind of Hispanic, but I'm not really sure, and the other one entered, and I didn't see what he looked like at all."

"Let me be clear: She never had a conversation with Sgt. Crowley at the scene," Murphy told CNN by phone. "And she never said to any police officer or to anybody 'two black men.' She never used the word 'black.' Period."

She added, "I'm not sure what the police explanation will be. Frankly, I don't care. Her only goal is to make it clear she never described them as black. She never saw their race. ... All she reported was behavior, not skin color."

So my question then is "how could they be looking for a black man?" Of course all calls to the police department by the CNN reporter were left unanswered.

Source: CNN


No comments: