Friday, January 16, 2009

Surrender or Not Surrender- that is the problem

CNN stated yesterday that Obama stated that,"his smartphone," was among the tools that he would use to stay in touch with real Americans and avoid becoming trapped inside the presidential "bubble."


http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/038t7EEfqFcX1/610x.jpg


Obama did not divulge just how he will overcome legal constraints, given the requirement of the post-Watergate Presidential Records Act of 1978 to keep a record of every White House communication.

I understand why President Obama would want to keep his old blackberry phone. I know some folks who were half way to work and had to turn back because they left their phone at home. The phone (cell) has now become the major force of communication throughout the day.

I can also see where Obama would see the phone as a link to his quote, "normal" life. It might have his favorite songs on their, his favorite family pictures, but he admits he is thinking of everything he writes and is very cautious before he pushes that send button.

I have lost my phone before and even though I replace it, it never seems the same. I guess it is like moving into a new house, the memories of the old house still linger in your mind. It will take some time but if (due to protocol) Obama does have to give up his blackberry I hope he will get to at least have a picture of his family (as wallpaper) in the new one.

No comments: