Friday, May 01, 2009

Old School Friday

This week's theme is about "family." You know the picnics, bar be ques....all about family.I always think of the movie "Soul Food" when I think of Family.

This is an old song, but I remember that the lyrics touched me. Shabba Ranks was big in Jamaica when this song came out.




Please check out the other participants.

Electronic Village - Fresh And Fab -prescribe, Kim

- Ms Grapevine -Quick - Vérité Parlant -Marcus LANGFORD

- CCGroovy - Kevin -Mahogany -Hagar's Daughter - Lisa C

-Chocl8t - DP - Dallassouth - John - The Connoisseur -

- Regina - MsMarvalus - Clnmike - Vivrant Thing

-AJ - Sharon - RevvyRev - Prof. PC - Invisible Woman
-- Cooper - SJP -Bria - BklynQueen 86 - Hey Shae -

- From the Battlefield - Thembi - D Spot - Malcolm -

-Pop Art Diva - Pjazzypar - MsLadyDeborah -

2 comments:

Revvy Rev said...

This is a relatively modern blend with some old Sly and Family Stone. Good choice, but I guess its old only if you are young.:>) You must be a babe. Happy OSF!

Marvalus said...

I never got into Shabba...but I liked this song.

Happy OSF!