Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jill Scott on Being a Single Mother

Jill Scott Pictures, Images and Photos

As many of us know Jill Scott gave birth to a beautiful baby boy (Jett Hamilton Roberts) on April 21st. The dad, John Roberts, sadly is no longer engaged to her. Sometimes having a baby doesn't always mean it will make it right or that marriage is what needs to happen. Scott is such a powerful woman, I am sure she will do just fine. I mean it happens. I had a two-parent home and sadly with all the arguing and violence, I sometimes they would have left each other.

This is so sad, but I am glad she is moving on with her life. You can read the full interview by clicking on Essence.com below


ESSENCE.COM: Well, at least your hubby-to-be was there to support. How has he been adjusting to Jett?

SCOTT: "Yes, he was there and for a couple of days afterwards while I stayed in hospital, but John and I are no longer together. When you have a baby you're dealing with a lot of emotions and I don't know how much of it had to do with us breaking up, but it happens. We definitely love our son and we are co-parenting and working on being friends. It is what it is. I have a lot of support, so I want for nothing as far as that's concerned. I know some might criticize me or the fact that my son is being raised in a single-parent home, but I wasn't raised in a two-parent home and I had a good relationship with my dad. I have hopes for him and I'm sure his father will do his part as well."

No comments: