Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Yes Hair Matters

Picture above is NOT ME, but I wish I had this hairstyle. I love it

Image Source: Kholili


I often see many bi-racial children and I wonder...why don't they just take them to a beautician or something. We all know that next to churches, Barbershops and beauty salons are perhaps second in the community.

I am thinking of going down the natural path. Currently, my hair is in a ponytail. I just can't do anything with it. It is too soft for twistys, sista-locs, regular locs or many of the natual styles I like.

My current beautician says she can do it but the process would be longer because of the texture of my hair. All my life I had to hear, "wow, you got good hair" What that meant I have not clue, as opposed to what, "bad hair?" My hair did not kink up simply because that was not the texture. Too many years of mixture in my family I assume. (another story for another time).

No comments: