Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Reverend Ike was a Minister of Self

http://www.pulpit-pimps.org/images/Creflo-dollar/Images/Rev-ike.jpg


Before I start getting all this HATE mail for saying ill things of the deceased, I went to Reverend Ike's church at Loew's Theater in NYC. This was the dude that had my granny putting all those red pieces of fabric under her pillow. My granny was convinced that (I guess because he was a black preacher in Harlem) that he was ordained by God to cure her diabetes.

I abolutely loathed this man. He completely bilked so many trusting Seniors and poor people in New York City out of a lot of money. He built his empire off of their love and trust. I think like Jim Jones, they mean well. I truly think they (these type of preachers) have a calling but somewhere along the lines they see these visions of grandeur.

In the 1970s, Reverend Ike was one of the first evangelists to reach an audience of millions through television.

"This is the do-it-yourself church," he proclaimed. "The only savior in this philosophy is God in you."

So even though death is not wished on anyone (especially when one suffers from the syptoms of a stroke), I hope towards the end he realized that all that material things he amassed through his ministry years that he can't take it with him.



1 comment:

clnmike said...

Man he was one of the last of the Pimpin Preachers, he could hustle a healthy woman out of her inheritance. A true villian, Im sorry but it is men like him that has made so many people turn away from the church, and left the community exposed to society's ills today.