Friday, April 05, 2013

Is lays new chicken and waffle chips racist?


Recently the Lays potato chip company held a competition to allow the public to name their next chip flavor. The top three winners would actually make it unto consumer shelves so we can pick the ultimate new flavor.

Now I have always been a chip junkie, the stranger the better. So when I heard one of the contenders was a flavor named "Chicken and Waffles I knew I had to try it. I actually hunted down these new lays chips and found them in Sacramento, California.

I never really linked any racial thought behind the flavor choice until one of my friends on campus asked me if I was offended by the name. A couple of years back I visited "Roscoe's Chicken and Waffle House" in Hollywood and that was the first thought that came to my mind, if it would taste like that.

If the flavor was chicken and watermelon now that would have me crying foul at the lays folks. The flavor was awful. It tasted like Ramen noodles that were left out on the table overnight. Who picked that as a top three? Really???

This you tuber (Diamond Stylz) didn't believe that was the actual name of the chips at first. I love her review of the product. 





No comments: