Thursday, September 04, 2008

Oprah Throws Party For U. S. Olympic Medalist

http://blogharbor.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/oprah-winfrey.jpg

Oprah Winfrey threw a rousing welcome home party for more than 150 U.S. Olympic medal winners on Wednesday (according to Reuters.com) that was a salute to the athletes and a pep rally for efforts to bring the 2016 summer games to America.

I think that was really nice. The United States team did so well in the Olympics. Swimmer Michael Phelps, who came back from last month's games in Beijing with a record eight gold medals, told Winfrey his feat had not sunk in but "I need to get back home" to Maryland to see friends and his pet bulldog.

I really enjoyed the swimming matches. Usually I am all in the track and field but this year I found myself watching some weird events (well not weird, but just different from what I usually watch).

I even watched ping pong and fencing. All in all it was a really good Olympics. I still think those Chinese gymnast were under age, but I guess only time will tell on that one.

No comments: